Institutional Repository Policies and Procedures
The Mississippi State University Libraries is committed to preserving the privacy of the Mississippi State University Institutional Repository (MSU IR) depositors and users. The personal information gathered during the registration process is used solely for the purposes of administering the institutional repository and providing metadata about the material archived in the system. Personal information is collected from the following uses of the MSU IR:
- Registration as a new depositor
- Registration as a new user
- Submission of content and metadata
- Subscribers to the alerting service
Personal information collected will not be used for any commercial or philanthropic purposes not directly associated with or approved by Mississippi State University.
Mississippi State University Libraries will not disclose or share information about individual visits to the site or any personal information to any outside parties unless required by law or is necessary to protect the rights and property of MSU IR users.
Any MSU IR personal information shared in any publically accessible forum, such as presentations, research papers, reports, or demonstrations, will be scrubbed of any and all references to personal information.
In order for the MSU Institutional Repository to reproduce, translate and distribute your submission worldwide, we ask all contributors to agree to the following terms. If submitting via the web interface, you will be asked to grant this license before you can complete your submission.
To properly administer the Mississippi State University Institutional Repository (MSU IR) and preserve the contents for future use, Mississippi State University ("MSU") requires certain permissions from you, the author(s) or copyright owner(s).
By accepting this license, you agree to the following statements:
- You grant to MSU the perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive rights (with right to sublicense) to:
- Reproduce your submission;
- Modify your submission to any medium or format (without changing its content) and keep more than one copy for the purposes of security, backup, and long-term preservation of the scholarly record;
- Distribute your submission (including the metadata and abstract) worldwide, in any format or medium, for non-commercial, research, educational, or related academic purposes only, and to allow users of the repository to do the same.
- You retain the copyright to your work and the right to submit your work to publishers or other repositories. MSU will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission.
- You represent and warrant that:
- You are the author of the submitted work, the submission is your original work, and/or that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license;
- Your submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon anyone's copyright;
- Your submission contains no libelous or other unlawful matter and makes no improper invasion of the privacy of any other person, and is classified as Category I according to MSU Data Classification and Individual Responsibilities section of the Information Security Program policies (www.infosecurity.msstate.edu/pdf/isp.pdf);
- If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright and that exceeds fair use, you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant MSU the rights required by this license, and that such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission;
- If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an agency or organization other than MSU (such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, or private funder), you have fulfilled any right of review, confidentiality, or other obligations required by that contract or agreement.
- You indemnify and hold harmless the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning and Mississippi State University and their officers, fellows, governing board members, employees and agents, from and against all claims, actions, suits, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with your submission.
If you have questions regarding this license please contact the system administrators.